Uniform is an important aspect of equal opportunities at Cambridge Academic Partnership. It also affords some safety and protection for younger students as they can be easily identified as students of the college.
Years 7-10 School uniform is compulsory and students who fail to wear the correct school dress will receive a consequence.
Year 11 may be granted a non-uniform privilege if certain requirements are met regarding work and attendance. However, we ask that students who have gained this privilege wear appropriate dress for the world of work, and we reserve the right to ask for inappropriate dress to be changed to something suitable.
Please note: we have agreed on a new version of the school uniform that will become compulsory for all students in Years 7-11 in a phased introduction from September 2019. Images of the new uniform will be uploaded shortly.
The uniform will be:
Grey jumper with logo and plain grey trousers/skirt, with the option of shorts in summer. These items will be supplied by our provider SWI, and will be able to be ordered in exactly the same way as now.
White or blue buttoned plain shirt. Each school will indicate the colour of shirt to be worn, but this item can be purchased from any supplier.
Plain black shoes or trainers. These can be purchased from any supplier.
In order to minimise the cost of the change to families, we are proposing to phase the introduction of the new uniform as follows:
September 2019 Students in the incoming Year 7 and Year 10 to wear new uniform
September 2020 Students in all years from Year 7 to Year 11 to wear new uniform
Our uniform supplier is Sportswear International Ltd. (items listed below with )
Orders can be placed online www.swischoolwear.co.uk (order via PARENTS ONLINE).
Orders can also be placed by telephone 0845 519 0099, by post or by fax using the order form below:
Current Uniform expectations
- Sky blue raglan polo shirt with tree logo (PFAA111138SKYY)
- Year 7 and 8 Sky blue raglan sweatshirt with tree logo (PFAA111046SKYY)
- Year 9 and 10 Navy blue raglan sweatshirt with tree logo (PFAA111046NAVY) or
Navy blue cardigan with tree logo (PFAA111573NAVY).
- Plain navy or black tailored trousers or knee length skirt with navy/black tights (Summer alternative: tailored, plain navy or black knee length shorts, without logos, and white ankle socks.)
We do not accept the following
- jogging bottoms or sports trousers
- mini skirts
- hot pants
Please note that no outdoor clothing, including hoodies, may be worn inside school buildings, especially not in place of the school sweatshirt.
- Plain black, flat or low heeled shoes or black trainers without logos. Shoes must be completely black, including the sole and laces.
- If headscarves are worn for religious reasons, they should be a navy blue colour.
- Hair must remain a natural colour.
- Make-up use must be discreet and natural looking.
- Nail polish is not permitted.
- Jewellery is not permitted, except stud earrings and a watch, unless for religious or cultural reasons.
PE Kit Expectations
*Please read the below document for further details.
- Raglan Polo Shirt (PFAA111138)
- Response Shorts (AAAA111415)
- Black Football Socks
- White Trainers
- Racer Sweatshirt (PFAA111412)
- Black Trainers or Astro Boots
School rules permit students to wear one pair of stud earrings. Please be aware that all jewellery must be removed for PE lessons. This includes all body piercings, plastic or metal and friendship bands. These items represent a potential hazard, not only to the wearer but also to other children
Nails must be kept short. False nails are not permitted. Nails that are longer than the finger can cause serious injuries to other students. Students with long nails will be required to cut them to a safe length before the start of their PE lesson.
Students with long hair must secure it away from their face with a hair elastic or headband.
All students are expected to have a serviceable bag for their belongings, including:
- a pencil case
- a pen
- a pencil
- a ruler
- a rubber as a minimum
Students are advised to carry a water bottle with them.
- Clubs and Activities
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Governing Body
- Leadership Team and Subject Leads
- Our Uniform
- Policies and Documents
- School Improvement Plan
- Starting at Trumpington
- Student Services
- Term Dates
- The Learning Day
- Video Tour