Uniform is an important aspect of equal opportunities at Trumpington Community College. It also affords some safety and protection for younger students as they can be easily identified as students of the college.
School uniform is compulsory and students who fail to wear the correct school dress will receive a consequence.
SWI have created a ‘How to Guide’ for using their website. Please view the guide here. They have also created an information leaflet, including how they are staying Covid-19 secure, which you can view here.
College blazer with logo. This is a compulsory item for all students and it is mandatory to purchase this uniform item via our supplier, SWI.
College Jumper with logo (optional, in addition to the blazer.) This item must be purchased from SWI.
The following items can be purchased from any supplier, however, we hope that as many families as possible will purchase the SWI uniform items:
- White shirt
- Black trousers
- Plain, black polishable shoes. Black trainers will not be permitted as an alternative.
- College Tie – Students in all years will be expected to wear a College tie as from September 2021.
We do not accept the following
- trainers (only for PE)
- jogging bottoms or sports trousers
- mini skirts
- hot pants
Please note that no outdoor clothing, including hoodies, may be worn inside school buildings, especially not in place of the school sweatshirt.
- Plain black, flat or low heeled shoes. Shoes must be completely black, including the sole and laces.
- If headscarves are worn for religious reasons, they should be a navy blue colour.
- Hair must remain a natural colour.
- Make-up use must be discreet and natural looking.
- Nail polish is not permitted. False nails and nail extensions are not permitted.
- Jewellery is not permitted, except stud earrings and a watch, unless for religious or cultural reasons. All jewellery must be removable for PE.
PE Kit Expectations
Please read the below document for further details.
These items must be purchased from SWI
- Raglan Polo Shirt
- Track Top
- Black Football Socks
These items can be purchased from any supplier
- Track Pants
- Black Leggings
- Outdoor Trainers or Astro Boots (outdoor footwear)
- White trainers (indoor footwear)
Please note, only black trainers are allowed at Coleridge for both outdoor and indoor footwear.
All students are expected to have a serviceable bag for their belongings, including:
- A pencil case
- Black or blue pen plus a second pen in a contrasting colour for marking
- A pencil and pencil sharpener
- A ruler
- A rubber
- A protractor and compass
- A scientific calculator
- Students are advised to carry a water bottle with them.
- Clubs and Activities
- COVID Information
- Duke of Edinburgh
- Leadership Team and Subject Leads
- Open Evening 2020
- Our Uniform
- Policies and Documents
- School Improvement Plan
- Starting at Trumpington
- Student Information Evenings
- Student Services
- Term Dates
- The Learning Day
- Video Tour