We are pleased to have Aspens as our onsite caterers.

Aspens are experts in school catering and have years of experience when it comes to school food. You can contact them via email on or call on 01905 759613. You will also find a host of information on their website –

All catering purchases are made using a Cash Free Smartcard (Student Card). This dramatically speeds up payment for food, reduces queuing, therefore increasing the time children have to enjoy their breaks.

New students will be issued with a Student Card. The card can be used at all sites. There is no cash taken in the cafés.

Putting money on the card

By far the best way to put money onto your child’s account is by online top up through +Pay. All families are added to Parentmail and once the account is verified online payments can be made.

Cash loaders
Students may also top up their accounts using the cash loaders located near the dining halls. The loaders at Parkside and Coleridge will not accept the new £5 or £10 note.

How much?
It is up to you how much you wish to put onto your child’s account. We can also set a daily spending limit on your child’s account. If you wish to set a limit, please contact us at or 01223 712300.

*Our schools are now cashless – you should not bring cash on to the school site.

What happens if a card is lost?

If a card is lost, misplaced or stolen the cardholder will need to immediately report the loss to the school office. The card will then be disabled and a replacement card issued. The school may levy a charge in respect of this.

Free School Meals

Children who are entitled to free school meals can enjoy a main course and dessert or drink. Where at all possible the entitlement should be used at lunch time to ensure children are eating a healthy and substantial meal in the middle of the day. We will welcome your support in adopting this approach. Parents may wish to add to their child’s Student Card should children wish to have an allowance to use for breakfast / break.

Did you know that just registering your child for Free School Meals means that the school gets extra money?

The Government is giving money to schools to help children from lower income families do their best. The funding is called ‘Pupil Premium’. For every child registered for this, Cambridge Academic Partnership gets an additional £955 per year to support their progress.

If you are registered for Free School Meals you could also apply for assistance with the cost of

  • Music Tuition
  • School Trips
  • School Trips Abroad

How does it work?

  • First check if you qualify – it is not just if you are unemployed, so please look at the list below.
  • Registering is really quick and easy – if you think you qualify contact Student Services who will help you register or alternatively log on to the Cambridgeshire County Website, details further down the page.
  • If you want your child to have a free, healthy meal at lunchtime that’s great – they will get the free meal (save around £400 a year), extra benefits and the school gets £935 extra.
  • If you don’t want your child to have the school meals they continue as normal – as long as you qualify and are registered the school still gets £935 extra.

Do you qualify?

You can register for Free School Meals if you get any of these benefits:

  • Income Support
  • Income based Jobseeker’s Allowance
  • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
  • Support under Part V1 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
  • Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
  • Child Tax Credit, provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have
    an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
  • Universal Credit

Students can also register for Free School Meals if they get any of these benefits themselves. Come and talk to us at Student Services and pick up an application form or apply online.

Applying for Free School Meals Online – Either at home or come to Student Services and we will help you apply online using a school computer.

Applying for free school meals online is quick and easy, and no proof of entitlement is needed. On receipt of the online application, Cambridgeshire County Council will check for entitlement through a secure Electronic Checking System. All that is needed is the claimant’s National Insurance number, their child’s details and details of their child’s schools.

Share by

Powered by Google Translate